What is a retweet?Twitter defines a retweet as a re-post of a Tweet. The Retweet feature helps you and others quickly share that Tweet with all of your followers. You can Retweet your own Tweets or Tweets from someone else. Some users disagree with Retweeting your own Tweets and even made hilarious Tweets About Retweeting Your Own Tweets, but you have heard from the horse's mouth; You can retweet your own tweet!
What is a Quote tweet?On Twitter, you can retweet or quote a tweet. When you quote a tweet, you are retweeting a tweet and adding your comments. It could be a recent Tweet post that you want to add your perspective or an old post that is relevant again. Twitter introduced Quote Tweets in 2020 as temporary tweet format ahead of the November 3rd US presidential election, to help prevent abuse and the spread of misinformation.
In both cases you just retweeting but quote retweet you can add your comment.
Tweets about a Tweet add more to the conversation, so we’ve made them even easier to find.Retweets with comments are now called Quote Tweets and they've joined the Tweet detail view. Tap into a Tweet, then tap "Quote Tweets" to see them all in one place. pic.twitter.com/kMqea6AC80 — Twitter Support (@TwitterSupport) August 31, 2020
Why Do You Retweet on Twitter?So why do we retweet? Now that we have distinguished between the two types of retweets available on Twitter, you need to know the importance of retweeting.
1. To quickly share informationMany will agree that they retweet as a quick way to share information while attributing it to the source. Assuming trusted source posts a piece of breaking news, you will likely retweet the post instead of creating a new one of the same content. The news could be about a winner of an event, say the Tokyo Olympics, the death of a popular figure, natural calamities, court ruling or any other news. Below is a poll I conducted on the reasons why people retweet.
Hey Tweeps, why do you retweet a Tweet?— Egline Samoei (@EguarEglin) July 9, 2021
2. To amplify informationPeople also retweet tweets so that they can amplify the information to their followers. Also, it is a means of sharing information, but this time, it reaches a new audience or your audience. Assuming there is a post by Samodigital Agency on tips on content creation, I would retweet the post so that it can reach many people interested in the marketing tips.
3. To add your perspectiveYou may come across a post that you may want to add your sentiments different from the sources. In this case, you will quote a tweet with your sentiments. If an old tweet has become relevant again, you can retweet it and quote with the current context. You can also quote a tweet poll to give the results or a finding of a poll. Here is a good scenario by social media marketing strategist and Founder of Africa Tweet Chat Janet Machuka
Wow! According to this poll, most people can comfortably quit Instagram.Once crazy response was, "I don't have clothes for Instagram." Well, please wear that one dress all the time. https://t.co/cpHqagVVdV pic.twitter.com/NfKiTsonSu — Janet Machuka (@janetmachuka_) September 7, 2021
4. To make one's presence as a listener visibleYou can also show support to a person on Twitter by retweeting their post and making them visible. Mark Trammell, a design researcher at Twitter, says, "People also retweet to introduce their followers to someone new or to shine a spotlight on someone deserving…The retweeter becomes the person who brings the new cool kid in town to the party."
5. Build relationshipsWhen you retweet a person's tweet, you are not only sharing information or amplifying their tweet but also building relationships. Yes, that is how online relationships are built and nurtured. You may have come across a situation where a person retweets your tweet, and you go ahead and check their profile and even follow them. With time you get to build meaningful connections.
Wrapping UpEngagements on Twitter vary but retweeting a tweet is seen to be more powerful. It is an easier way to share and amplify information. It also gives you a chance to gain followers and attract relevant personalities. Keep tweeting, keep retweeting. Eventually, build and grow your network! Follow Egline Samoei Twitter and LinkedIn as well as Samodigital Agency on LinkedIn and Twitter for more engagements.
Facebook Page vs Profile: Is it Better to Have a Facebook Page or Profile?Facebook allows anyone to create a Facebook page or personal profile. So, which one is better to have? If you have a business, it is always advisable to separate your personal profile from a Facebook page. When scrolling through a Facebook feed you will see posts from personal profiles who are friends, pages you have liked and even groups you have joined. A few weeks ago, a friend was venturing into photography and I received a friend request from a name that looked familiar. Looking through the profile, it was the brand name of his photography. This never sounded well for me and urged them to create a Facebook business page instead. Remember he already has a Facebook personal profile and is now creating another Facebook profile under his photography name. So, why have a Facebook page not a Facebook profile for business? First, we need to distinguish between a Facebook profile Facebook page
Facebook ProfileA Facebook Profile is your personal account on Facebook, where you tell people about yourself, add friends and share personal updates. A profile is what you first create when you sign up on Facebook by providing personal information and creating a password. With a Facebook profile, you can connect with friends, family, colleagues, and follow brands and organizations that are of interest.
Importance of a Facebook Profile
- You will be able to create posts, share videos, photos
- You can share information and stories with your friends and family
- Like, follow and get updates on businesses and organisations that interest you
Facebook PageA Facebook Page is your business's digital presence on Facebook that you create using your personal profile. A Page has tools to help you grow your business, connect with customers and see how people interact with it. With a Facebook business page, you add details of your website like contacts, website, services and get analytics. Facebook page is ideal for businesses, organisations, charities, public figures Previous Post: What is Doomscrolling and How To Avoid Doomscrolling?
Why You Should Have a Facebook Business Page for your Brand or As A BrandImagine a brand like Nike sending you a friend request, or you sending a friend request to a company like Coca-Cola? You find it odd, right? Now, imagine how many friend requests those companies could be receiving if they created a Facebook profile instead of a Facebook page where their fans could just like and follow within a click! Tip👇
That is exactly why brands need a business page no matter how small your business is. Try and look at the future. Your fanbase, community or customers will grow over time. Here are other benefits of having a business page over a profile
A facebook business page should be part of your social media strategy, not a replacement for your website Build your authority in Industry Own a website #websiteisimportant #websitedesign pic.twitter.com/ztqxeLh7D4— Av (@GameSpells) April 24, 2021
Get A Wider ReachWith a Facebook page, you get an advantage of a wider reach on your posts. Page’s content is often public and Facebook users can search and view your content. When your followers share or comment on your page, their friends will get to see your posts. Some will be prompted to follow you back. Tip: When posting content on your page, add relevant trending hashtags within your industry so that you can get a wider reach. In 2020, Facebook Promoted the Use of Hashtags on Posts with a promise of Wider Reach
Unlimited Follows/LikesUnlike a Facebook profile that limits you to 5000 confirmed friends and 1000 friend requests in the queue, pages allow millions of people to follow your brand. You can invite friends to like your page and grow your community. Moreover, you can also manage your followers by banning disrespectful followers or muting insensitive words on your page.
Target Your MarketThe beauty of having a page is that you can market your page to a specific targeted audience. Also, you can boost posts to the targeted audience or lookalike audience. A lookalike audience is customers who are similar to your current audience. Moreover, with a targeted audience you can target people:
- According to their interests, gender, age, location, behaviours and demographics
- That like your page
- Who like your page and their friends
- In your local area
A Cheap Way to Market and Advertise Your BrandFacebook pages offer you an affordable way to advertise and market to your target market. Within less than $2 you can reach about 443-1.3k people per day with 68-195 engagements! Facebook promotions are affordable and allow you to target the right audience. NB: My Ad Center settings are in Kenya currencies for the pages I manage.
Get Free AnalyticsWith a Facebook page, you will get free overview analytics and detailed insights into your posts. You will get insights on total page followers, organic followers, paid followers, daily page views, organic vs paid reach, page likes among others. Another free detailed page insight you get on the Facebook page is the People insights. You can know your fans, followers, people engaged, people reached by age, gender, location and language. What a free useful insight!
You Can Schedule PostsSometimes you may have a busy schedule but you still want to engage your customers on Facebook. At times, you want to have your post published when most of your page followers are online but you will not be online then. Here is where the Facebook Schedule post feature comes in. You can schedule posts to any day and time, unlike a Facebook profile.
You can allow other People to Manage your PageTeamwork is paramount! A Facebook page allows you to add other people to manage your page such as comments, create ads and delete comments. You can assign your friends or your team with roles like editor, moderator, analyst, advertiser or a custom role.
ConclusionIf you are a personal brand or have a brand, consider creating a Facebook page over a Facebook profile. Although you must have a Facebook profile to create a Facebook page, you have a Facebook and grow it. With a business page, you will enjoy a pool of privileges in marketing, get data insights and manage your community easily. For more tips on digital marketing, follow Egline Samoei on Twitter and LinkedIn
What are MemesGoing by online definition, memes pronounced as /meems/ are images, videos, pieces of text, typically humorous in nature, that is copied and spread rapidly by internet users, often with slight variations. One of the most popular memes in 2021 is a photo of US Senator, Bernie Sanders sitting with legs and arms crossed comfortably has been superimposed into images from around the world. This photo went viral and I bet you must have seen it.
What is Meme Marketing?Meme marketing is the use of memes by brands to promote their product and services Click To Tweet. Some brands have taken lead in meme marketing as one of their social media strategies since they are free, easy to create and are sharable. According to the 2021 Social Media Trends report, meme marketing is one of the social media marketing trends in 2021. The report says “memes are spreading across the internet as a fun way to engage communities. They’re not all positive and cute, however. As per any communication, they can be used to manipulate the mindset of viewers. They can be used to normalize extreme behaviour, like external agencies interfering with elections or other major events. In 2021, you need to be ready to protect your brand from memes.” The report further says thatin the coming months and years, expect memes to be used more to persuade consumers, both on key issues such as these, and the ones that could impact your brand Click To Tweet. Worldwide mentions of the term "meme" has been increasing over time according to Google Trends Also Read: Tips for using hashtags on Facebook for a Wider Reach
What to Consider when Creating Meme for MarketingHere are some tips to consider when creating memes for marketing
1. Know Your AudienceThe first thing to consider before making a meme is to analyse your target audience. If your target audience is millennials or baby boomers you can craft content and caption what is relatable to them.
2. Be TrendyYou need to keep up with trends and hijack your social media posts with memes of what people are talking about what is usually known as memejacking. Take for instance, on March 29, 2021 the Ever Given ship was freed in the Suez Canal by days after being since March 23 causing traffic in the canal. A number of brands were keeping an eye on the trending event and once it was freed they posted memes around their brands on Ever Given ship. Here are some examples trendy meme marketing on Ever Given
Don’t worry. We’ve got this. pic.twitter.com/JwOBhJtu4h— Mercedes-AMG PETRONAS F1 Team (@MercedesAMGF1) March 29, 2021
pic.twitter.com/KH4xe1NM7Y — World Horse Racing (@WHR) March 29, 2021However, be aware not to use meme on sensitive topics like violence, rape, race, assault etc that may damage your brand.
3. Make Sure the Meme Matches Your Brand Voice and PersonalityJust like any other brand content that you post on social media, from post to stories it should match your brand personality and voice. It makes it easier for your audience to relate it to your band. Neil Patel emphasizes that, no matter what you decide to do with your memes, be consistent with your brand persona and stick with it. Otherwise, you risk confusing (and losing) your audience. What should guide you in creating memes that are in line with your brand voice and personality, you need to define the target persona. Here are some guiding questions by Julia Enthoven in a Social Media Examiner article on how to use memes for marketing.
- What content does your customer consume?
- What music, TV shows, or celebrities do they like?
- How can you delight and entertain them?
- What problems do they face that are common to their community?
4. Repurpose Popular MemesCreating original memes might be difficult. At times you may not be able to create one that matches the current moment of what is happening. As a result, you can reuse existing GIF or Meme libraries online. Some of the popular meme online libraries include GIPHY, imgflip and Meme High Res Stock, and iStock just to mention a few. You can visit these meme libraries and repurpose exciting memes by adding captions, brand font and logos.
View this post on Instagram
5. Be Cautious About Your Memes and Research WellResearch your memes well and understand the cultures so that you don’t offend online users. On one occasion, the Chelsea football club had to delete a meme after some fans took offence to the Kante meme shared by Chelsea. Chelsea had created a meme in wake of the huge container ship, the MV Ever Given, finally being freed after being stuck in the Suez Canal in Egypt since last Tuesday Also Read: What is Doomscrolling and How To Avoid Doomscrolling?
Benefits of Meme MarketingYou will notice that the most successful brands across the globe are incorporating meme marketing in the social media content strategy. This then begs the question of why you should use memes in marketing. Here are some benefits of using memes in marketing.
Memes Are Easy to Create and CheapCreating memes is easy since you can find existing ones on online memes libraries like GIPHY and imgflip. From there, yours is just to repurpose them to align with your brand voice and personality.
Meme Humanize Your BrandWhen people are interacting with a brand online, they don’t want a robotic kind of engagement. They want to feel they are engaging with a human behind the screen. Memes give you that opportunity to humanize your brand through memes.
Memes are relatable hence Increase EngagementThe beauty of memes is that they are relatable with people and tend to share them willingly. How many memes have you seen today on social media? A number of them, right? probably you have even shared them or reacted to them. By nature, memes are widely shareable hence it increases engagement.
Memes create a sense of communityMemes create a sense of belonging among your followers and audience when you use memes that your community can relate to. You must have seen comments like “I can relate” on a meme.
ConclusionMeme marketing is still new and a few brands have embraced it. You should also start using memes in your marketing strategy since they create engagements, allow brands to communicate their brand personality funnily, humanize a brand and create a sense of community. Connect with Egline Samoei on LinkedIn and Twitter
December 2020 Vs. January 2021 Non- Gaming Top Apps WorldwideAs you can see from the top apps worldwide for January 2021 Chart, Telegram became the most downloaded app globally. It was then followed by TikTok and Signal in the third position. WhatsApp was the fifth most downloaded app down from 3rd position in December 2020. If you break it down per digital distribution service,Telegram was the most downloaded app on the Google play store, while Signal was the second most downloaded app, with WhatsApp dragging at the sixth position. On the contrary, TikTok was the most downloaded app on the App… Click To Tweet In December 2020, TikTok was the most downloaded non-gaming app worldwide for December 2020, with close to 56 million installs. According to analytics by Sensor Tower, the countries with the largest number of TikTok installs were from Douyin in China at 11 percent, followed by the United States at 10 percent. WhatsApp was topping at top 3, while Telegram was the 9th most downloaded app and the Signal app is missing out in the top 10
Why Quality Content?"Google only loves you when everyone else loves you first." – Wendy Pier.Google only loves you when everyone else loves you first. Click To Tweet To rank on Google's top page, you should create content that is in line with Google's Algorithm. It is not just about ranking top on the Google search engine but creating authentic and valuable content for your target audience "Google wants to reward high-quality sites that contain original content. So not only does great content make a better website, but it also improves your site's rankings, which can have a very positive impact on your business.t that is useful to your audience." Says Neil Patel, the co-founder of Crazy Egg, Hello Bar and KISSmetrics. Therefore, there is a need to create quality content for your website or blog post. Now, let us look at habits you need to have to create quality content for any SaaS tool
1. Have a SaaS Content Marketing StrategyHaving a strategy is a key ingredient in producing quality content. Set out your goals, establish KPIs, profile your target audience, choose content type, and determine how you will measure the results. As a content marketing team, ensure that you meet weekly or daily to discuss your content marketing strategy. The meetings have proven to be yield good results for content marketing. According to the B2B content marketing report, effectiveness is greater among teams that meet more frequently (61% of the most effective B2B marketers meet daily or weekly). With the Covid-19 pandemic forcing organizations to work remotely, you can still have meetings virtually via video conferencing tools like Zoom, Google Hangouts, Skype, etc. If you are a sole content marketer, you still need to evaluate your content marketing strategies and plan.
2. Create Original ContentAlways create original content that resonates well with your brand audience. Google does not like plagiarized content, and you will be punished for that. As a matter of fact, there many contents out there that you can reference but do not copy and paste the content to your website.
3. Update Your ContentEffective SaaS content marketing is not always about creating new content only. It is also about updating the existing articles, How-to topics, blog posts or any content on your website. Google Search Console is a great platform to give you clues on what you need to update on your existing articles. You will find new search terms that will enable you to add or remove from your existent article. Take, for example, if you are into the SaaS industry and your company has added a new feature that is useful during the Covid-19 pandemic or software user interface has been updated. You have articles written base on the old interface. Is it not time to update them?
4. Your Content Should Provide AnswersWhen writing SaaS content, write content that provides solutions to your readers or clients. Write educational content and avoid promotional content. When writing SaaS content, write content that provides solutions to your readers or clients. Write educational content and avoid promotional content Click To Tweet A person clicks on a link to your article because they know the article will provide an answer to what they have queried on the search engine. Neil Patel adds by saying that "people don't just want answers, they want answers fast. So, make your content easy to scan so people can pick up the juicy, important bits quickly."
5. Monitor Brand MentionsThere are plenty of reasons why you need to track your brand mentions online. An online user can review your product or service and they fail to link back to your site. In this case, you will have a great reason to reach them out and request them to link back. On the other hand, if it is a negative review, you will reach out to them and handle the situation before it gets worse. Use tools like Google Alerts, Brand24, Brandmentions, Semrush Branding monitoring, among others, to monitor your brand online.Use tools like Google Alerts, Brand24, Brandmentions and Semrush Branding monitoring tool to monitor your brand online. Click To Tweet
6. Incorporate Images and VideosThe best way customers can learn and feel about your product or service is by adding images and videos to your website content. Using the visuals graphics illustrates the point you are making clearly. For instance, you are writing an article on installing or using your app or software. Using images for each step provides the reader with a clear step on what they need to do.
7. Share your ContentAfter writing your content or creating those beautiful infographics, you need to share them with your communities. Publish the content on your blog, share the content on social media and forums like Quora. Sharing content creates engagement, brand awareness, generates a lead, increases sales, and leads to upselling or cross-selling. With that in mind, always add a call to action in your articles.
8. Monitor and Evaluate your Content PerformanceNow, you have created your content, published it and shared it with your community. What next? What follows is for you to monitor and track the performance of your content. A good web monitoring tool you can use is Google analytics. It well helps you monitor your website activities such as real-time traffic, pages per session, bounce rate, traffic channels, user's behaviour and devices they use etc. From the Google web insights, you will be to understand your target audience, improve your site performance, and improve your SEO content.
Wrap UpQuality and creativity are key to SaaS content marketing that you can infuse into your overall digital marketing strategy. When creating content, always provide value to your customers and be simple and straightforward. Keep updating your content, and remember to evaluate your content performance. In an event where you want a SaaS content writer or tech writer to write articles, blog posts, guest posts, press release or editorials, Samodigital Agency can do that for you. Send an email at email@example.com. You can also follow Egline on LinkedIn and Twitter.
What is Content Marketing?One of the popular definitions is “It is a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly-defined audience — and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action” according to CMI The takeaway from that definition is creating and distributing valuable, relevant content to attract and retain an audience. In one way or another, you may have engaged in some of these contents unknowingly. In simple terms, it is a type of digital marketing that enables brands to connect with their customers and audience without selling them their products or services. It is a way to tell brand stories through different content forms like blog posts, social media posts, emails, gated content, and video. To add on, content Marketing is not something very new since. A brand like John Deere has used it since 1895. John Deere is OG’s of content marketing. They revolutionized marketing by introducing Furrow Magazine.
“Furrow magazine provides the reader a mix of current issues in farming with both local and international background, and best practice examples as well as exclusive news and facts on John Deere products and company strategy.” Sriram SankarSee that! John Deere is providing value to its customers who are farmers through the Magazine.
Types of Content MarketingBy now, you have an idea and glimpse of the types of content you should use. Let us just list some popular types of content marketing used by modern marketers.
- Audio-Podcasts, Voice tweets
- Blog posts
- Case studies
- How to guides
- Press Release
- Social Media content
- Website Content
- User-generated content
Importance of Content MarketingThere many benefits that come with deploying content marketing as one of your digital strategies. Here are some benefits:
- Increased sales: Great content creates awareness of your brand to potential customers; build relations, and they will eventually consider your product or service over your competitor.
- Increased audience retention: With compelling content, you will keep your audience hooked, and they will come back for more.
- Cost savings: It is cheaper compared to other forms of marketing strategies. A study by DemandMetric revealed that content marketing costs about 62% less than traditional marketing tactics, and it generates about 3 times as many leads!
- Better customers who have more loyalty: Other than retaining customers, you will get loyal customers.
- Higher Search Engine Ranking: Since Google loves good content, you will get high page rank hence high website traffic.
- Building Email list: Content like newsletters, website forms, webinars enables brands to get relevant email lists from potential customers and loyal customers.
- Create brand credibility: When you create compelling content that is valuable, consistent and educational, customers will use it as a credible source of information. As a result, your brand will become credible.
- Generate Leads: Valuable content will make customers more interested in your brand. Therefore, when creating content, always add Call to Actions (CTA.)
- Social Media Growth: When the target audience engage with your relevant content, they will go ahead and follow your brand on social media. Others will even share your social media content or web content.
ConclusionTo conclude, content marketing is a powerful strategy that you need to use to build authority, increase sales, create brand awareness and create value for your audience. Samodigital Agency is a content creation agency that you can contact and help you get started.
Do Hashtags Work on Facebook 2020?Yes, using Facebook hashtags in 2020 work! When you login to Facebook today you will notice posts, photos, and ads with different hashtags like #FirstBornChallenge #hotmomchallenge #JerusalemaDance among others. Why? Because Facebook is now promoting use of hashtags with a promise of wider reach. Facebook introduced hashtags in 2013 and updated them in 2016. However, the use of Facebook hashtags in posts had not really been effective not until 2020. According to a screenshot shared Facebook Marketing Mari Smith, taken by a Heather Coy Moonka some of the users had reported seeing a notification by Facebook that said you could increase reach by using hashtags. “You may have seen a notification on Facebook like this prompting you to add hashtags to your posts to improve your reach? LOVE that! Thank you, Facebook. Many members of my Social Scoop Facebook group are starting to report seeing a slight increase in reach with the use of hashtags now.” Wrote Mari Smith a Facebook Marketing Expert The use of hashtags is now available for users and page admins. You might have scrolled through your Facebook feeds, and you may have come across trending hashtags such #Jerusalemachallenge, #Firstbornchallenge, #Hotmomchallenge. Below those hashtags, you will notice that Facebook is prompting you try them. Moreover, with the hashtags on Facebook in 2020 it has gone an extra mile to show hashtag count preview as noted by Social media commentator and leaker Matt Navarra
By knowing the popularity of the Facebook hashtags is helpful for brands to know which hashtags to use when posting photos, posts and ads. Read: How Social Media Consumption in Kenya looks Like in 2020
New? Facebook shows a hashtag count preview when creating a new post pic.twitter.com/3Agg33iD6W— Matt Navarra (@MattNavarra) September 4, 2020
How are Facebook Hashtags effective?But what do we mean when we say Facebook hashtags work? When you use hashtags in Facebook posts, you will get several benefits as a brand mentioned below.
- You will get a wider reach
- Your posts will be searchable and clickable
- It encourages engagements
- Users can find you using branded hashtags
- Allows you to monitor trending topics
Tips for using hashtags on Facebook in 2020As you have seen, hashtags are now effective on Facebook, and you should start using them. So, what are some of the tips you need to know when using Facebook hashtags?
- Participate in the challenges. Just click on “Try it” on a relevant challenge and be creative. Many brands have tried out the #jerusalemadancechallenge
- Just like Twitter and Instagram, you can compose or discover hashtags on Facebook by typing in the hashtags
- Use Instagram to discover trending hashtags, although Facebook has now allowed users to see the hashtag count.
- Don’t go overboard with hashtags on your post. It is recommended that you use 3-5 hashtags per posts
- You can create your branded hashtags that you will be using on your posts.
- When scheduling posts on creator studio, remember to add hashtags.