How To Use Twitter to Grow Your BusinessTwitter is one of the most powerful social media platforms that you can use to raise awareness about your business, engage with customers, and generate leads. Twitter boasts 229 million daily active users as of April 2022. So, if you are still wondering if you should use Twitter to grow your business, the answer is “Yes.” All you need to know is how to set up your account and connect engagingly with people. Remember, people, go to Twitter to discover what is trending and not to be marketed to by brands. Therefore, when your business is on Twitter, you need to have conversations that matter to your community that will help your business grow and thrive. This article looks at ways to use Twitter to grow your business. But first, let us look at what account you need.
Types of Accounts Available on TwitterIn the past, Twitter used to have one general type of account. However, in the recent past, Twitter introduced the following:
- Twitter for Professionals is meant to provide businesses, creators, publishers, and developers of all industries and sizes to showcase and highlight their content, products, and services directly on Twitter for free.
- Twitter Blue which is a monthly subscription that gives the most engaged people on Twitter exclusive access to premium features
Ways to Use Twitter to Grow Your Business
Create an Outstanding ProfileBegin by setting up your business account. Choose a display name that is easy to read. Also, use and handle that is consistent with your brand. You may not get the handle that matches your brand name because it’s been taken, but try to use something that still aligns with your brand name. For instance, @SamodigitalAgency was taken, we used @SamodigitaA Next, you need a cover photo that compliments your brand colours and acts as an ever-changing billboard showcasing what’s new with your business. If you have offers or promotions or are celebrating a season, you can change it accordingly. Also, have a profile photo which preferably should be your company logo. The ideal dimension of a Twitter profile photo is 400x400px, whereas the cover photo dimension is 1500x500. After that, you need to create a memorable bio that provides Information like your business mission statement, value proposition, location, branded hashtag, or operating hours.
Pin a TweetOnce you have set up your profile, it’s time to send out Tweets. You will have to create different tweets daily or weekly. If you had created a tweet showcasing your brand, it would get overshadowed by the latest tweets. Therefore, it’s advisable to pin the tweet. A pinned tweet will appear on top of your Twitter profile, and you can change it anytime you have something new you want to inform your audience. Here is an example of pinned Tweet
Why should you monitor social networks as a brand/ business? Social media monitoring is the process of tracking hashtags, keywords, and brand mentions in order to stay informed about your audience and industry trends & topics We can help you do social media monitoring in Kenya pic.twitter.com/20CHEc88XK— Brandmoran- Social Listening Tool (@BrandmoranKE) December 17, 2021
Create Engaging ContentYou need to create engaging content to capture the attention of your followers and target audience. Try and express this through different supported formats like texts, videos, images, infographics, GIFs, and memes. You can also combine all the formats, as Twitter now lets you post images, videos, and GIFs in a single tweet. Be creative in how you create your content. Ensure they are informative and educational and add value to your clients. Also, add some humour to your content. Humour humanizes your brand. It’s also memorable and easily shareable. A brand like Mwango Capital uses memes to recap and share news about the business in Kenya.
𝐄𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐤'𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐧𝐞𝐰𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 @CAK_Kenya:1. KRA is set to come down hard on Kenyans as the President has set them a target of doubling double tax collections by the end of his first term.#MwangoMemes pic.twitter.com/7gtRjY04pr — Mwango Capital (@MwangoCapital) October 29, 2022
Work with InfluencersInfluencer marketing has proven to be one of the most effective marketing strategies. Influencers help create brand awareness, reach a new target audience, raise brand advocacy, and increase sales. Moreover, people trust consumer recommendations. You must work with the right influencers within your industry and niche, even when they have a small following. According to a blog post by Twitter, brands are now shifting to working with micro-influencers over mega-influencers since they offer trusted reviews and have built a strong following that can be valuable to brands. Here is an example of how ShowmaxKenya worked with one of the top social media influencers, Janet Machuka to promote their shows
On my Twitter Spaces tonight sponsored by @ShowmaxKenya!A chat on a documentary called “Love Crimes of Kabul.” Joining link: https://t.co/KEVR2sj9qb #Showmaxing pic.twitter.com/BTjFOSZYEy — Janet Machuka (@janetmachuka_) October 31, 2022
Be ConsistentAnother way to grow your business effectively on Twitter is by being consistent on the platform. Tweet at a specific frequency, depending on what works for your brand. For some brands, tweeting three times a week works for them, while tweeting daily works for others. Choose what works for you and stick to that.
Connect with PeopleAs a business, you are also free to follow other accounts. Follow the people within your industry, thought leaders, partners, stakeholders, brand advocates, customers, and fans. These groups of people will likely follow back and engage with your content and eventually help to create brand awareness.
Leverage Twitter SpacesDuring the Covid-19 pandemic, social audio content emerged that helped people connect while keeping their distance. We saw the emergence of platforms like Clubhouse, Facebook audio rooms, and Spotify Greenroom among others. To keep up with this trend, Twitter introduced Spaces. Spaces are live audio conversations on Twitter. As a business, you can host spaces to discuss industry topics, get feedback about your product or answer questions about your product. Twitter Spaces helps you get real-time engagements, build a community, connect with cultural moments and get instant feedback. Try to host spaces consistently or one of your team could participate in other spaces within your niche. Below is an example of how Synnefa a Kenyan Agribusiness Startup is using Twitter Spaces
The future is calling, and it is here to stay. With the development of new innovative technologies, farmers are leading the way.Join us tonight at 8PM as @taitangetich shares his journey with @FarmersStories! Twitter Spaces Link: https://t.co/5ru8oPOqw7#Agri4Value pic.twitter.com/h35GU5ghli — Synnefa (@synnefa_KE) March 16, 2022
Promoted TweetsYou can also promote your tweets through Twitter ads to reach a wider audience. Twitter ads campaigns allow you to achieve your marketing goal, like brand awareness, increasing followers, driving consideration, or delivering conversions. Twitter lets you quickly promote your posts, grow your followers, and increase your reach if you build brand awareness.
ConclusionTwitter offers you immense ways to grow your business. Whether you are a solopreneur, a small business, or a large business, you can connect with fans, communities, audiences, and partners and grow your brand. Just understand the platform and use the above ideas to grow your business, get leads and make conversions. If you need help with creating social media content or blogs, contact us at email@example.com.
What is a retweet?Twitter defines a retweet as a re-post of a Tweet. The Retweet feature helps you and others quickly share that Tweet with all of your followers. You can Retweet your own Tweets or Tweets from someone else. Some users disagree with Retweeting your own Tweets and even made hilarious Tweets About Retweeting Your Own Tweets, but you have heard from the horse's mouth; You can retweet your own tweet!
What is a Quote tweet?On Twitter, you can retweet or quote a tweet. When you quote a tweet, you are retweeting a tweet and adding your comments. It could be a recent Tweet post that you want to add your perspective or an old post that is relevant again. Twitter introduced Quote Tweets in 2020 as temporary tweet format ahead of the November 3rd US presidential election, to help prevent abuse and the spread of misinformation.
In both cases you just retweeting but quote retweet you can add your comment.
Tweets about a Tweet add more to the conversation, so we’ve made them even easier to find.Retweets with comments are now called Quote Tweets and they've joined the Tweet detail view. Tap into a Tweet, then tap "Quote Tweets" to see them all in one place. pic.twitter.com/kMqea6AC80 — Twitter Support (@TwitterSupport) August 31, 2020
Why Do You Retweet on Twitter?So why do we retweet? Now that we have distinguished between the two types of retweets available on Twitter, you need to know the importance of retweeting.
1. To quickly share informationMany will agree that they retweet as a quick way to share information while attributing it to the source. Assuming trusted source posts a piece of breaking news, you will likely retweet the post instead of creating a new one of the same content. The news could be about a winner of an event, say the Tokyo Olympics, the death of a popular figure, natural calamities, court ruling or any other news. Below is a poll I conducted on the reasons why people retweet.
Hey Tweeps, why do you retweet a Tweet?— Egline Samoei (@EguarEglin) July 9, 2021
2. To amplify informationPeople also retweet tweets so that they can amplify the information to their followers. Also, it is a means of sharing information, but this time, it reaches a new audience or your audience. Assuming there is a post by Samodigital Agency on tips on content creation, I would retweet the post so that it can reach many people interested in the marketing tips.
3. To add your perspectiveYou may come across a post that you may want to add your sentiments different from the sources. In this case, you will quote a tweet with your sentiments. If an old tweet has become relevant again, you can retweet it and quote with the current context. You can also quote a tweet poll to give the results or a finding of a poll. Here is a good scenario by social media marketing strategist and Founder of Africa Tweet Chat Janet Machuka
Wow! According to this poll, most people can comfortably quit Instagram.Once crazy response was, "I don't have clothes for Instagram." Well, please wear that one dress all the time. https://t.co/cpHqagVVdV pic.twitter.com/NfKiTsonSu — Janet Machuka (@janetmachuka_) September 7, 2021
4. To make one's presence as a listener visibleYou can also show support to a person on Twitter by retweeting their post and making them visible. Mark Trammell, a design researcher at Twitter, says, "People also retweet to introduce their followers to someone new or to shine a spotlight on someone deserving…The retweeter becomes the person who brings the new cool kid in town to the party."
5. Build relationshipsWhen you retweet a person's tweet, you are not only sharing information or amplifying their tweet but also building relationships. Yes, that is how online relationships are built and nurtured. You may have come across a situation where a person retweets your tweet, and you go ahead and check their profile and even follow them. With time you get to build meaningful connections.
Wrapping UpEngagements on Twitter vary but retweeting a tweet is seen to be more powerful. It is an easier way to share and amplify information. It also gives you a chance to gain followers and attract relevant personalities. Keep tweeting, keep retweeting. Eventually, build and grow your network! Follow Egline Samoei Twitter and LinkedIn as well as Samodigital Agency on LinkedIn and Twitter for more engagements.
What are MemesGoing by online definition, memes pronounced as /meems/ are images, videos, pieces of text, typically humorous in nature, that is copied and spread rapidly by internet users, often with slight variations. One of the most popular memes in 2021 is a photo of US Senator, Bernie Sanders sitting with legs and arms crossed comfortably has been superimposed into images from around the world. This photo went viral and I bet you must have seen it.
What is Meme Marketing?Meme marketing is the use of memes by brands to promote their product and services Click To Tweet. Some brands have taken lead in meme marketing as one of their social media strategies since they are free, easy to create and are sharable. According to the 2021 Social Media Trends report, meme marketing is one of the social media marketing trends in 2021. The report says “memes are spreading across the internet as a fun way to engage communities. They’re not all positive and cute, however. As per any communication, they can be used to manipulate the mindset of viewers. They can be used to normalize extreme behaviour, like external agencies interfering with elections or other major events. In 2021, you need to be ready to protect your brand from memes.” The report further says thatin the coming months and years, expect memes to be used more to persuade consumers, both on key issues such as these, and the ones that could impact your brand Click To Tweet. Worldwide mentions of the term "meme" has been increasing over time according to Google Trends Also Read: Tips for using hashtags on Facebook for a Wider Reach
What to Consider when Creating Meme for MarketingHere are some tips to consider when creating memes for marketing
1. Know Your AudienceThe first thing to consider before making a meme is to analyse your target audience. If your target audience is millennials or baby boomers you can craft content and caption what is relatable to them.
2. Be TrendyYou need to keep up with trends and hijack your social media posts with memes of what people are talking about what is usually known as memejacking. Take for instance, on March 29, 2021 the Ever Given ship was freed in the Suez Canal by days after being since March 23 causing traffic in the canal. A number of brands were keeping an eye on the trending event and once it was freed they posted memes around their brands on Ever Given ship. Here are some examples trendy meme marketing on Ever Given
Don’t worry. We’ve got this. pic.twitter.com/JwOBhJtu4h— Mercedes-AMG PETRONAS F1 Team (@MercedesAMGF1) March 29, 2021
pic.twitter.com/KH4xe1NM7Y — World Horse Racing (@WHR) March 29, 2021However, be aware not to use meme on sensitive topics like violence, rape, race, assault etc that may damage your brand.
3. Make Sure the Meme Matches Your Brand Voice and PersonalityJust like any other brand content that you post on social media, from post to stories it should match your brand personality and voice. It makes it easier for your audience to relate it to your band. Neil Patel emphasizes that, no matter what you decide to do with your memes, be consistent with your brand persona and stick with it. Otherwise, you risk confusing (and losing) your audience. What should guide you in creating memes that are in line with your brand voice and personality, you need to define the target persona. Here are some guiding questions by Julia Enthoven in a Social Media Examiner article on how to use memes for marketing.
- What content does your customer consume?
- What music, TV shows, or celebrities do they like?
- How can you delight and entertain them?
- What problems do they face that are common to their community?
4. Repurpose Popular MemesCreating original memes might be difficult. At times you may not be able to create one that matches the current moment of what is happening. As a result, you can reuse existing GIF or Meme libraries online. Some of the popular meme online libraries include GIPHY, imgflip and Meme High Res Stock, and iStock just to mention a few. You can visit these meme libraries and repurpose exciting memes by adding captions, brand font and logos.
View this post on Instagram
5. Be Cautious About Your Memes and Research WellResearch your memes well and understand the cultures so that you don’t offend online users. On one occasion, the Chelsea football club had to delete a meme after some fans took offence to the Kante meme shared by Chelsea. Chelsea had created a meme in wake of the huge container ship, the MV Ever Given, finally being freed after being stuck in the Suez Canal in Egypt since last Tuesday Also Read: What is Doomscrolling and How To Avoid Doomscrolling?
Benefits of Meme MarketingYou will notice that the most successful brands across the globe are incorporating meme marketing in the social media content strategy. This then begs the question of why you should use memes in marketing. Here are some benefits of using memes in marketing.
Memes Are Easy to Create and CheapCreating memes is easy since you can find existing ones on online memes libraries like GIPHY and imgflip. From there, yours is just to repurpose them to align with your brand voice and personality.
Meme Humanize Your BrandWhen people are interacting with a brand online, they don’t want a robotic kind of engagement. They want to feel they are engaging with a human behind the screen. Memes give you that opportunity to humanize your brand through memes.
Memes are relatable hence Increase EngagementThe beauty of memes is that they are relatable with people and tend to share them willingly. How many memes have you seen today on social media? A number of them, right? probably you have even shared them or reacted to them. By nature, memes are widely shareable hence it increases engagement.
Memes create a sense of communityMemes create a sense of belonging among your followers and audience when you use memes that your community can relate to. You must have seen comments like “I can relate” on a meme.
ConclusionMeme marketing is still new and a few brands have embraced it. You should also start using memes in your marketing strategy since they create engagements, allow brands to communicate their brand personality funnily, humanize a brand and create a sense of community. Connect with Egline Samoei on LinkedIn and Twitter
DoomscrollingAccording to Merriam Webster, Doomscrolling or doomsurfing are new terms referring to the tendency to continue to surf or scroll through bad news, even though that news is saddening, disheartening, or depressing. Click To Tweet Many people find themselves reading continuously bad news about COVID-19 without the ability to stop or step back."
Why are we Doomscrolling?Lockdowns across the globe has led to an increase of social media users to 4.20 billion. According to theDigital 2021 report, it shows that 1.3 million new users joined social media every day during 2020 and they spend 2 hours and 25 minutes daily. Click To Tweet What are people searching or scrolling on social media? Some people say they are doomscrolling in a bid to find answers about the pandemic or feeling the need to stay informed about what is happening around them and around the world. The loop of going through social media posts, to comments, to searching articles to videos also makes people get and understand a story in different angles. Strangely, doomscrolling tends to be satisfying to for some people, but studies have shown to have negative impacts on your mood and brain. “Many people think that they’ll feel safer by staying abreast of the latest news. Yet, they don’t realize that consumption of the negative news only leads to greater fear, anxiety, and stress,” Dr. Carla Marie Manly Click To Tweet, a clinical psychologist and author of “Joy from Fear: Create the Life of Your Dreams by Making Fear Your Friend,” told Healthline. Also Read: 7 Privacy and Safety Tips on Social Media during Covid-19 Pandemic
How to Stop DoomscrollingBefore we look at how to avoid doomscrolling, it is vital to ask yourself this question. How does doomscrolling make you feel after getting the information you wanted? Is it satisfying? Are you anxious, hopeless, empty or stressed? If it leaves you stressed and hopeless, then you need to stop doomscrolling now. Here are some ways on how to stop doomscrolling.
1. Set time LimitsOne way to stop the nerve-ending Doomscrolling is setting certain time limits on the time you want to spend on social media. For apps like Facebook and Instagram, you can use inbuilt time limit features so that you can know when to log out of social media. Once you hit the time limit you will not be able to use the social media app doomscrolling.
I've started limiting my social media time with timers on my phone. Instead of just telling me TIME'S UP and letting me keep doomscrolling, my android phone gives me warnings of how much time i have left and then REFUSES TO OPEN THE APP, which, is hilarious to me.— vicki nerino (@vickinerino) March 21, 2021
2. Avoid using your Phones in the Morning and BedtimeDo you sign in to social media platforms the first thing you do in the morning or the last thing you do before going to bed? It’s at any of these moments that people tend to spend a lot of time doomsurfing on social media. Learn to make your morning and nights sacred and avoid using your phones to doomscroll. Here is a reminder from Karen K. Ho, a global finance and economics reporter for Quartz based in New York who emphasizing the importance of rest and screen breaks. Her Twitter Bio reads "part-time Doomscrolling Reminder Lady"
Hi, are you doomscrolling?There's been a lot of bad news this week. A lot of fear, sadness, and grief. A lot to take in and figure out. I know you're doing your best. Try not to stay up too late tonight. You still deserve time to rest. — Karen K. Ho (@karenkho) March 19, 2021
3. Practice GratitudeIt’s with no doubt we are living in tough times and there are sad stories daily. However, it would help if you practiced gratitude. Look for something positive things around you and be thankful for them. It can be something minor like appreciating the cup you are using, the sweet breakfast you have had, the plants in your house, good weather, or the people that make you happy. With time you will have positive thoughts even when things are tough.
4. Turn off Push NotificationsIf you have notifications of social media platforms or articles turned on, you can consider switching them off. Truth be told. Some articles or news blogs have crafted the art of catchy headlines that you will be prompted to open once they appear on your phone.
5. Consider Social Media DetoxSocial media detox is consciously taking a break from social media consumption for a given period, usually 30 days. Social media detox helps you live the moment, reconnect with yourself, people and things around you and prevent you… Click To Tweet While detoxing, you will stay away completely from doomscrolling. This might not be practical for social media managers and digital marketers.
6. Get a Hobby/Engaging ActivityAnother way to avoid doomscrolling is caving to an activity that you like. You can choose to read books, do exercise, gardening, or watch a movie. Any meaningful activity that will distract you from doomsurfing on your phone.
This is all I had the energy to do today and hey it kept me from doomscrolling for a whole hour. pic.twitter.com/KFLcrN8sQi— Rachel 📷 Kelso (@thehappysnaps) March 24, 2021
7. Do JoyscrollingYou can also opt for joyscrolling or hopescrolling on a social media platform. Remember, amidst all the happenings, there is still positive news and positive stories on social media platforms. Engage in more positive stories rather than sad stories
ConclusionHopefully, you will cultivate a habit that will stop you from doomscrolling during the Covid-19 pandemic and in the future. Also, have you been doomscrolling? Have you stopped it, or do you want to stop? Let me know in the comment section how you are dealing with doomscrolling.
December 2020 Vs. January 2021 Non- Gaming Top Apps WorldwideAs you can see from the top apps worldwide for January 2021 Chart, Telegram became the most downloaded app globally. It was then followed by TikTok and Signal in the third position. WhatsApp was the fifth most downloaded app down from 3rd position in December 2020. If you break it down per digital distribution service,Telegram was the most downloaded app on the Google play store, while Signal was the second most downloaded app, with WhatsApp dragging at the sixth position. On the contrary, TikTok was the most downloaded app on the App… Click To Tweet In December 2020, TikTok was the most downloaded non-gaming app worldwide for December 2020, with close to 56 million installs. According to analytics by Sensor Tower, the countries with the largest number of TikTok installs were from Douyin in China at 11 percent, followed by the United States at 10 percent. WhatsApp was topping at top 3, while Telegram was the 9th most downloaded app and the Signal app is missing out in the top 10
- Stay up to date with current news and update
- Fill up spare time
- Find funny or engaging content
- Keep in touch with what friends are doing.
1. Use Strong PasswordsFor your social media accounts to be more protected, use strong passwords. Your passwords should entail letters, special characters, numbers and make it at least 8 characters. For your social media accounts to be more protected, use strong passwords. Your passwords should entail letters, special characters, numbers and make it at least 8 characters. Click To TweetMoreover, be creative with your passwords. Do not use your names, place of birth, parents' name, your school, which are passwords that malicious people can easily guess. Other tips related to passwords for you are:
- Use different passwords for different social media accounts
- Do not share your passwords with anyone
- Use two-factor authentication that adds an extra layer of authentication
- Set up security questions
2. Familiarize Yourself with Privacy Settings for Each PlatformEach social media platform has privacy settings that allow you to control or customize your privacy settings. You can control what should be visible to your connection, what people can share, your social media activities or manage how a social media platform uses your data. You can also choose to keep your social media account private or visible to everyone. Have a look at the privacy settings of LinkedIn on what you can control.
3. Be Selective on Friend RequestsBe selective on friend requests and do not accept friend requests of people that you don't know. The friend request you could accept could be a fake account or a malicious person who wants to get hold of the information you share online. Be selective on friend requests and do not accept friend requests of people that you don't know. The friend request you could accept could be a fake account or a malicious person who wants to get hold of the information you share… Click To TweetMoreover, do not shy away from cleaning your friends list or connection. Last year, I noticed that I had many friends on my Facebook account that I didn't even know that I had accepted in the past. I took the initiative of unfriending strange people just to secure my account. Remember, you have the power to control the people whom you want to be your friend online and never feel guilty about rejecting some friend requests. Also Read: A Look at Social Media Universe in 2020
4. Be Cautious of What you Share"Don't say anything online that you wouldn't want to be plastered on a billboard with your face (or logo) on it."-Erin Bury Don't say anything online that you wouldn't want to be plastered on a billboard with your face (or logo) on it. Erin Bury Click To Tweet As you type on "What is on Your Mind" on Facebook, "What do you want to talk about" on LinkedIn or "What is Happening on Twitter," remember what happens on social media stays on Google forever. You may delete what you have posted but remember somebody might have taken a screenshot of it and saved it. So be careful before you hit that "Post" button. To add on, be calm on what you post or share on social media. Do not share everything and anything going on in your life on social media. From what share, say a location malicious person can take advantage of that information and even come to where you are. Also, do not share sensitive information like your phone number, bank details, passwords, date of birth, account numbers on social media that hackers can use against you. When you have a complaint that you are raising to a company through their social media platform, learn to inbox them your personal details rather than posting the complaint with your personal details on their wall.Don't share sensitive information like your phone number, bank details, passwords, account numbers on social media that hackers can use against you. When you have a complaint that you are raising to a company through their social media… Click To Tweet Hackers and malicious will take advantage of that information.
5. Avoid signing Up on third-party apps with your social media credentialsYou must have come across sites or apps that allow you to sign up using your social media accounts or email. Avoid signing up on third-party apps using your social media accounts because you will be granting those sites more information about you.
6. Avoid Playing Online Games and QuizzesThe most relatable games and quizzes are those fun games on Facebook like Nametests and Meaww. You may or may not have participated in those quizzes and names, but from today avoid participating in those games if you care about your personal security and privacy. All those clicks and taps give the Quiz company information on you. Avoid participating on social media games if you care about your personal security and privacy. All those clicks and taps give the Quiz company information on you. Click To Tweet If you check the privacy terms of Nametests, an Instant game website available on Facebook, they say they process user's data such as name and profile picture. "When users create a user account with us, we store so-called inventory data, such as the first names of users or app-scoped IDs ("player ID"). Depending on which of our Online Services, our users use, other data, such as profile pictures or text entries may also be processed. We also process data on the use of our services, such as contents that have been viewed, times of use, their duration and technical details, such as browsers or devices used, in order to make our offer user-friendly and secure." Therefore, if you are mindful of your online data and don't want to share with third-party apps like this quiz site, stop participating in those games. Also Read: 8 Effective Habits for Quality SaaS Content Writing
7. Learn to Logout from Public ComputersTo wind up, if you must use a public computer or device to log in to your social media account, learn to log out from those devices. Failing to logout from the public device, a person who will use it after you will definitely be gaining access to your social media account and your personal information, which is not good. For personal computers, ensure that you install antivirus software to protect your computer.
Wrap UpTo conclude, observing the above social media tips ensures your personal data safety and your safety on social media. If you need a technical writer who can write similar topics on security, the Internet and social media, kindly feel free to shoot an email on firstname.lastname@example.org. For more topics on content marketing, kindly check out Samodigital Agency blog
Why Quality Content?"Google only loves you when everyone else loves you first." – Wendy Pier.Google only loves you when everyone else loves you first. Click To Tweet To rank on Google's top page, you should create content that is in line with Google's Algorithm. It is not just about ranking top on the Google search engine but creating authentic and valuable content for your target audience "Google wants to reward high-quality sites that contain original content. So not only does great content make a better website, but it also improves your site's rankings, which can have a very positive impact on your business.t that is useful to your audience." Says Neil Patel, the co-founder of Crazy Egg, Hello Bar and KISSmetrics. Therefore, there is a need to create quality content for your website or blog post. Now, let us look at habits you need to have to create quality content for any SaaS tool
1. Have a SaaS Content Marketing StrategyHaving a strategy is a key ingredient in producing quality content. Set out your goals, establish KPIs, profile your target audience, choose content type, and determine how you will measure the results. As a content marketing team, ensure that you meet weekly or daily to discuss your content marketing strategy. The meetings have proven to be yield good results for content marketing. According to the B2B content marketing report, effectiveness is greater among teams that meet more frequently (61% of the most effective B2B marketers meet daily or weekly). With the Covid-19 pandemic forcing organizations to work remotely, you can still have meetings virtually via video conferencing tools like Zoom, Google Hangouts, Skype, etc. If you are a sole content marketer, you still need to evaluate your content marketing strategies and plan.
2. Create Original ContentAlways create original content that resonates well with your brand audience. Google does not like plagiarized content, and you will be punished for that. As a matter of fact, there many contents out there that you can reference but do not copy and paste the content to your website.
3. Update Your ContentEffective SaaS content marketing is not always about creating new content only. It is also about updating the existing articles, How-to topics, blog posts or any content on your website. Google Search Console is a great platform to give you clues on what you need to update on your existing articles. You will find new search terms that will enable you to add or remove from your existent article. Take, for example, if you are into the SaaS industry and your company has added a new feature that is useful during the Covid-19 pandemic or software user interface has been updated. You have articles written base on the old interface. Is it not time to update them?
4. Your Content Should Provide AnswersWhen writing SaaS content, write content that provides solutions to your readers or clients. Write educational content and avoid promotional content. When writing SaaS content, write content that provides solutions to your readers or clients. Write educational content and avoid promotional content Click To Tweet A person clicks on a link to your article because they know the article will provide an answer to what they have queried on the search engine. Neil Patel adds by saying that "people don't just want answers, they want answers fast. So, make your content easy to scan so people can pick up the juicy, important bits quickly."
5. Monitor Brand MentionsThere are plenty of reasons why you need to track your brand mentions online. An online user can review your product or service and they fail to link back to your site. In this case, you will have a great reason to reach them out and request them to link back. On the other hand, if it is a negative review, you will reach out to them and handle the situation before it gets worse. Use tools like Google Alerts, Brand24, Brandmentions, Semrush Branding monitoring, among others, to monitor your brand online.Use tools like Google Alerts, Brand24, Brandmentions and Semrush Branding monitoring tool to monitor your brand online. Click To Tweet
6. Incorporate Images and VideosThe best way customers can learn and feel about your product or service is by adding images and videos to your website content. Using the visuals graphics illustrates the point you are making clearly. For instance, you are writing an article on installing or using your app or software. Using images for each step provides the reader with a clear step on what they need to do.
7. Share your ContentAfter writing your content or creating those beautiful infographics, you need to share them with your communities. Publish the content on your blog, share the content on social media and forums like Quora. Sharing content creates engagement, brand awareness, generates a lead, increases sales, and leads to upselling or cross-selling. With that in mind, always add a call to action in your articles.
8. Monitor and Evaluate your Content PerformanceNow, you have created your content, published it and shared it with your community. What next? What follows is for you to monitor and track the performance of your content. A good web monitoring tool you can use is Google analytics. It well helps you monitor your website activities such as real-time traffic, pages per session, bounce rate, traffic channels, user's behaviour and devices they use etc. From the Google web insights, you will be to understand your target audience, improve your site performance, and improve your SEO content.
Wrap UpQuality and creativity are key to SaaS content marketing that you can infuse into your overall digital marketing strategy. When creating content, always provide value to your customers and be simple and straightforward. Keep updating your content, and remember to evaluate your content performance. In an event where you want a SaaS content writer or tech writer to write articles, blog posts, guest posts, press release or editorials, Samodigital Agency can do that for you. Send an email at email@example.com. You can also follow Egline on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Here is a look at the Social Media Universe in 2020This social media universe has been clustered to different categories. They include Zuckerberg cluster, Asian Cluster Tencent Cluster and Rakuten Cluster. To read more about Visualizing the Social Media Universe in 2020 click here
What is Content Marketing?One of the popular definitions is “It is a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly-defined audience — and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action” according to CMI The takeaway from that definition is creating and distributing valuable, relevant content to attract and retain an audience. In one way or another, you may have engaged in some of these contents unknowingly. In simple terms, it is a type of digital marketing that enables brands to connect with their customers and audience without selling them their products or services. It is a way to tell brand stories through different content forms like blog posts, social media posts, emails, gated content, and video. To add on, content Marketing is not something very new since. A brand like John Deere has used it since 1895. John Deere is OG’s of content marketing. They revolutionized marketing by introducing Furrow Magazine.
“Furrow magazine provides the reader a mix of current issues in farming with both local and international background, and best practice examples as well as exclusive news and facts on John Deere products and company strategy.” Sriram SankarSee that! John Deere is providing value to its customers who are farmers through the Magazine.
Types of Content MarketingBy now, you have an idea and glimpse of the types of content you should use. Let us just list some popular types of content marketing used by modern marketers.
- Audio-Podcasts, Voice tweets
- Blog posts
- Case studies
- How to guides
- Press Release
- Social Media content
- Website Content
- User-generated content
Importance of Content MarketingThere many benefits that come with deploying content marketing as one of your digital strategies. Here are some benefits:
- Increased sales: Great content creates awareness of your brand to potential customers; build relations, and they will eventually consider your product or service over your competitor.
- Increased audience retention: With compelling content, you will keep your audience hooked, and they will come back for more.
- Cost savings: It is cheaper compared to other forms of marketing strategies. A study by DemandMetric revealed that content marketing costs about 62% less than traditional marketing tactics, and it generates about 3 times as many leads!
- Better customers who have more loyalty: Other than retaining customers, you will get loyal customers.
- Higher Search Engine Ranking: Since Google loves good content, you will get high page rank hence high website traffic.
- Building Email list: Content like newsletters, website forms, webinars enables brands to get relevant email lists from potential customers and loyal customers.
- Create brand credibility: When you create compelling content that is valuable, consistent and educational, customers will use it as a credible source of information. As a result, your brand will become credible.
- Generate Leads: Valuable content will make customers more interested in your brand. Therefore, when creating content, always add Call to Actions (CTA.)
- Social Media Growth: When the target audience engage with your relevant content, they will go ahead and follow your brand on social media. Others will even share your social media content or web content.
ConclusionTo conclude, content marketing is a powerful strategy that you need to use to build authority, increase sales, create brand awareness and create value for your audience. Samodigital Agency is a content creation agency that you can contact and help you get started.
Do Hashtags Work on Facebook 2020?Yes, using Facebook hashtags in 2020 work! When you login to Facebook today you will notice posts, photos, and ads with different hashtags like #FirstBornChallenge #hotmomchallenge #JerusalemaDance among others. Why? Because Facebook is now promoting use of hashtags with a promise of wider reach. Facebook introduced hashtags in 2013 and updated them in 2016. However, the use of Facebook hashtags in posts had not really been effective not until 2020. According to a screenshot shared Facebook Marketing Mari Smith, taken by a Heather Coy Moonka some of the users had reported seeing a notification by Facebook that said you could increase reach by using hashtags. “You may have seen a notification on Facebook like this prompting you to add hashtags to your posts to improve your reach? LOVE that! Thank you, Facebook. Many members of my Social Scoop Facebook group are starting to report seeing a slight increase in reach with the use of hashtags now.” Wrote Mari Smith a Facebook Marketing Expert The use of hashtags is now available for users and page admins. You might have scrolled through your Facebook feeds, and you may have come across trending hashtags such #Jerusalemachallenge, #Firstbornchallenge, #Hotmomchallenge. Below those hashtags, you will notice that Facebook is prompting you try them. Moreover, with the hashtags on Facebook in 2020 it has gone an extra mile to show hashtag count preview as noted by Social media commentator and leaker Matt Navarra
By knowing the popularity of the Facebook hashtags is helpful for brands to know which hashtags to use when posting photos, posts and ads. Read: How Social Media Consumption in Kenya looks Like in 2020
New? Facebook shows a hashtag count preview when creating a new post pic.twitter.com/3Agg33iD6W— Matt Navarra (@MattNavarra) September 4, 2020
How are Facebook Hashtags effective?But what do we mean when we say Facebook hashtags work? When you use hashtags in Facebook posts, you will get several benefits as a brand mentioned below.
- You will get a wider reach
- Your posts will be searchable and clickable
- It encourages engagements
- Users can find you using branded hashtags
- Allows you to monitor trending topics
Tips for using hashtags on Facebook in 2020As you have seen, hashtags are now effective on Facebook, and you should start using them. So, what are some of the tips you need to know when using Facebook hashtags?
- Participate in the challenges. Just click on “Try it” on a relevant challenge and be creative. Many brands have tried out the #jerusalemadancechallenge
- Just like Twitter and Instagram, you can compose or discover hashtags on Facebook by typing in the hashtags
- Use Instagram to discover trending hashtags, although Facebook has now allowed users to see the hashtag count.
- Don’t go overboard with hashtags on your post. It is recommended that you use 3-5 hashtags per posts
- You can create your branded hashtags that you will be using on your posts.
- When scheduling posts on creator studio, remember to add hashtags.